The goal of this document is to give you a hint of what's next. However since all topics are very complex, there's no specific order or target date.
# In tech preview
This means some parts of the following features are already available, but only partially.
- XO Lite (opens new window): a small/light version of Xen Orchestra bundled inside your XCP-ng host.
- Public REST API (opens new window)
# In progress
Items in this list are already undergoing development, but are not yet available to test.
- XO 6 (opens new window): a large revamp of Xen Orchestra: improved speed, security, lazy loading, XO tasks, a brand new UI and much more!
- Auto backup validation: a special "auto restore" task to check if VM backups are bootable
- OVA export
- Individual VDI restore
# In design/PoC phase
This is the initial concept phase, where we discuss the general approach and how to make the feature real.
- Block based backup (NBD): using NBD as the backend to export VMs. Faster and allows fun features, like compression and dedup.
- XO Resource scheduler: improvement of the existing XO load balancer
- Fetch Netbox to display available IPs
- Packer plugin for XO API
A short non-ordered list of interesting features or ideas to develop eventually.
- Improve XO proxies for complete XAPI reverse role
- Container as first class citizen: allow container management/creation/cycle from XO
- k8s integration: improving integration with Kubernetes inside Xen Orchestra
- Upload ISOs to NFS ISO SR via XO (XAPI modification likely required)
- Health check smart service from xen-orchestra.com
- Geo/Async backup
- Native backup encryption