Pasting into Centos CLI

• So I have read several messages about the functionality around pasting into the console window, and am still confused. A previous post (https://xen-orchestra.com/forum/post/3670) states that it's a limitation of XenServer. Here is where my confusion comes in.

I am able to right-click inside of XenCenter and paste into the console window of this specific type of VM (Centos 6.x) for a while. Yet, the XO console for the same machine does not.

Is there something fundamental that I am not understanding? I admit, it's early here and I have not yet finished my coffee.

• It's a mix on XenServer console types and because you are in a browser (a browser can't access your clipboard the same way than a native application, for security reasons).

Are you using a PV or HVM VM?

• Most of them are HVM.

• Hi,

may I suggest using Keepass (or another password manager). It has "auto-type" function, and you can use it to type stuff in the browser window. However, it has some limitations - it's designed to auto-type user/pass, some short text in general. If you need to paste large amount of data, for example pages of text, it may not be suitable.

Regards

Looks like your connection to XO Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.