XOA v5 feedback

• @olivierlambert Oh BTW, I noticed the VM create form looks fine in FireFox, this appears to be an issue in Safari. Do you have Safari and can verify it renders the same for you? Might be a browser specific issue in Safari on that particular page.

• @reecefowell said:

Seems legit

Are you mocking me for using XenServer for this purpose? If so what would you suggest?

I wasn't sarcastic at all! You are totally right to do so! That's the goal of XO 🙂

I tried Vagrant (with VirtualBox and again using VMWare Fusion) using and it was too resource intensive and slow. Docker isn't much better, on Mac OS X (unlike running Docker on Linux) uses a VM. It used to use VirtualBox, but now it uses xhyve. Granted I have no tried Docker with xhive, but I figured a Hypervisor would in all likely hood be the fastest approach.

You are right! Combine XO+cloudinit to have VM spawned quickly with your SSH keys 🙂

So you imported the XVA, started it and you have the same result? Is your XOA registered and uptodate?

Yes, I installed it from the XVA that auto downloads on the Orchestra website when you click the free button.

0_1470051714279_Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 12.41.26.png

I scp'd the file onto XenServer and followed instructions to install it

I wonder if we are talking about the same software ^^

We may be confusing each other here. I was originally talking about 2 different things, but maybe I should have separated those concepts more clearly.

The first is with the sidebar, yes it works as hover, but I would have preferred click to expand.

Oh okay. Indeed, I was confused.

The second was the dropdown when on either of the 3 pages for "VM's", "Pools" or "Hosts", which you have to click on to dropdown. Essentially, the dropdown and the links in the sidebar are the exact same thing, and their proximity to each other is so close, why repeat them?

Because we first added the initial dropdown, and people ask to have the same in the menu. We'll add keyboard shortcut soon, it will solve the problem once for all 😛

Indeed, we can't do anything about this.

That is fair enough, my initial response was about how it seemed frustrating to have to do these steps manually, it came from my own ignorance of not realising orchestra was not by Citrix.

If it's the only operation left in SSH, well... we are proud to left only that to XS user thanks to XO

Do you think this is something I could develop myself? Is it even remotely possible? I would gladly make a plugin for this if it were doable.

You mean installing tools or having an easier way of mounting ISOs? For the last one, there is a discussion started here: https://github.com/vatesfr/xo-web/issues/288

One lead would be to allow XOA to expose itself a NFS share where users can upload ISOs. But, on the other hand, that could lead to a lot of pain to support (need to attach XOA as a ISO NFS repo, and the result can fail for a lot of random reasons depending of the architecture at the user site).

TL;DR: no trivial solutions.

• https not working.

I just received XOA v5 download and SSL was not starting up.

I found error in the /etc/xo-server/config.yaml file.

The path to the key is pointing to the certificate file instead of the key file.

# Default: undefined
      cert: '/etc/ssl/server.crt'

# File containing the private key (PEM format).
      #
      # If the key is encrypted, the passphrase will be asked at
      # server startup.
      #
      key: '/etc/ssl/server.crt'

This prevented the SSL port from starting until I fixed it to point to the .key file.

• @carockepc said:

https not working.

I just received XOA v5 download and SSL was not starting up.

I found error in the /etc/xo-server/config.yaml file.

The path to the key is pointing to the certificate file instead of the key file.

cert: '/etc/ssl/server.crt'

# File containing the private key (PEM format).
      #
      # If the key is encrypted, the passphrase will be asked at
      # server startup.
      #
      key: '/etc/ssl/server.crt'

This prevented the SSL port from starting until I fixed it to point to the .key file.

Haha right on time. 2 hours before your message, I uploaded a new appliance fixing that 😉

Thanks for your precise feedback!

• Current version: xo-server 5.1.6 / xo-web 5.1.8
    Cannot see full network Name in VM create dialogue
    0_1471619021320_1471618934844.jpg

• Hi, it's already reported there: https://github.com/vatesfr/xo-web/issues/1411

Thanks for your feedback 🙂

gdelafond created this issue in vatesfr/xo-web

closed UI small bug in drop-down lists #1411

• Hello, I am trying to follow the instructions to storage migrate a vm to a different SR: https://xen-orchestra.com/docs/vm_management.html#vdi-live-migration I do not see where i can select a drop down to move the vm. We are using iscsi luns for our SR. Also, when click on the link for the SR it shows there are no vdis available.

0_1472573478117_upload-39110175-ef64-4cfd-a908-49b911023532

• As explained in the doc you quoted:

To do that: go inside your running VM, then in the the Disk tab. Make a long click on the current SR of the disk, a dorpdown menu will be displayed with all compatible destinations. Just select it, that's all: the migration will start in live!

A long click means to not release your click button until the dropdown is displayed 🙂

• @olivierlambert I thought that was a long click! haha, yes it works when i hold it.

• Note that it's suboptimal: it's planned to replace this with a small icon 😉