Patching a host manually could be time consuming (and boring). That's why we provide a high level feature downloading and applying all missing patches automatically.
Your XOA will check for missing patching on official Citrix servers. They will be displayed if any:
- in dashboard view
- in pool view (plus the number of missing patches in a red pill)
- in host view (in patching tab, same red pill)
When you click on "Install all patches", XOA will automatically, at the same time (streaming all operations):
- fetch all missing patches on Citrix servers
- unzip them
- upload them
- apply them in correct order
You can see more screenshots here: https://xen-orchestra.com/blog/hotfix-xs70e004-for-xenserver-7-0/
If you are behind a proxy, please update your
xo-serverconfiguration to add a proxy server, as explained in the appropriate section.
- Xen Orchestra won't reboot your hosts automatically. That's your call to choose when to do it.
- Patching doesn't mean to reboot every time. Check the "Guidance" row: if "restartHost" is displayed, it means you need to reboot to have the patch fully apply (see screenshot below)
- XO will install all patching without rebooting: that's not an issue. Even applying patches manually, it's not mandatory to reboot after each patch.